Rails & Kicks: Snow Parks
Wild curves, short turns. Follow the rhythm of the slope. On your snowboard. Snowboarders find delight in the excellent opportunities for having fun in the snow.
Snowpark Lech, Freestylecontest © Bernhard Höltmann
Snowboard Parks in Vorarlberg:
- Lech: Conveniently located at Schlegelkof, the Snowpark Lech holds attractions for all riders. On an area of 3.6 hectares it features some 20 perfectly groomed obstacles. The easy line is ideally suited for beginners. The medium line is demanding even for advanced freestylers, and the pro line with its challenging obstacles confronts even professionals with some real action. Bystanders can watch from the Schlegelkopf lift, from where they enjoy the very best of views.
- Montafon: Opened in 2012, the Nike Snowpark Montafon – the first Nike Snowpark in the Alps - is the most creative and largest park north of the Alps for freestylers. At Grasjoch in the Silvretta Montafon ski area, freeskiers and snowboarders find everything they could wish for: snow cover permitting and fully mounted, the park consists of more than 40 elements with obstacles, rails and kickers for beginners and practiced freestylers. The programme features contests and events featuring stars of the snowboard and freeski scene.
Golm-X-Cross course (350m long) in the Golm ski area. Skiers and snowboarders can go for kickers, camel bumps, bank turns (steep curves), a step up, and a kicker line with 3 jumps.
The new Backyard snowpark in Brandnertal.
- Brandnertal: The new Backyard snowpark stands out for its length, the graffiti and trash obstacles such as oil drums and tractor tyres. It is located near the Glattjochbahn and hosts regular events.
- Klostertal/Sonnenkopf: A new funpark where beginners can gain first freestyle experience, featuring five beginner and medium park elements, as well as a kickerline with jumps between three and five metres.
- Bregenzerwald: Snowboarders are keen about the snow board park and the halfpipes in Damüls. The boarder areas and the freeride slopes in Mellau, Au-Schoppernau (Pleasure Diedamspark) and in Warth-Schröcken (Nitro-Park Salober) are also highly popular.
- Kleinwalsertal: At the Crystal Ground Snowpark Kleinwalsertal in Riezlern diverting rail and kickerlines offer the right setup for every level of proficiency. And with floodlights, it is also possible to’ shred’ (=ride) at night.
Another large boarder park is the Fellhorn park in the Kanzelwand-Fellhorn ski area.